Siem Reap Angkor Wat Bike Tour - Half Day
Pedal your way around the glorious temples of Angkor on this 4-hour guided bike tour from Siem Reap. Glide around the vast temple complex, stopping to pose for photo by Angkor Wat, explore the overgrown ruins of Ta Prohm or marvel at the Bayon temple. Along the way, venture off the tourist trail and get a sense of rural life as you pass through traditional villages and spot locals at work in the rice fields.
- Duration Half Day
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 48 hours before
- 4-hour bike tour of Angkor Wat from Siem Reap
- Cycle around the UNESCO-listed temples of Angkor
- Marvel at Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm and Angkor Thom Pedal past rural villages and rice paddies on the way to Angkor
- Enjoy an easy, flat route, suitable for all abilities
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small-group tour ensures a personalised experience
What you can expect
Choose to depart either in the morning (around 7:30am) or afternoon (from 1:30pm) from your hotel in Siem Reap. Head out on bikes from this point into the direction of the Angkor temples (we recommend bringing one passport photo for the entrance pass into the temple complex).
Before reaching the main entrance into Angkor, your guide will take well-chosen paths that pass by villages that have not yet been absorbed by modern society. From the saddle of your mountain bike, this is a very nice ‘add on” to what lies ahead of you. Angkor Wat lies just a short distance away.
Arguably the largest religious building in the world, with a volume of stone equaling that of the Cheops pyramid in Egypt, Angkor Wat is unlike all the other Khmer temples in that it faces west. Its symmetrical towers are stylized on the modern Cambodian flag. Conceived by Suryavarman II, Angkor Wat took an estimated 30 years to build. The Lost City of Angkor was to remain undiscovered by Western archaeologists until the latter 19th century and ever since has continued to amaze all who see it for the first time. Neither words nor pictures do it justice. Angkor Wat is a legacy of the might that was once the Khmer Empire, a detailed history of which has been carved into the many walls of this fortified temple. The temple is accessible by a giant stone causeway across the 623 foot (190 meter) moat, itself an incredible feat of engineering, to the west face of the Wat.
After touring around this immense complex, we will cycle back via the main entrance of Angkor and return to your home away from home in Siem Reap.
This tour takes approximately 4 hours and operates both in the morning (between 7:30am and 11:30am) or in the afternoon (from 1:30am until approximately 5:30pm).
- Entrance fees
- Mountain bike, supported by minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Local tour guide
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Siem Reap
- Cycling Tours
- Half Day
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
- La Residence WatBo
- Angkor Paradise Hotel
- Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor
- La Niche d' Angkor Boutique
- Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa
- La Da Kiri Boutique Hotel
- Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort
- Ladear Angkor Boutique
- Le Jardin d’Angkor Hotel & Resort
- Petit Villa Boutique & Spa
- Angkor Miracle Resort & Spa
- Marvel Holiday Boutique Villa